On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Andii Hughes <gnu_and...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> I've written a proposal for handling featured artists post-NGS:
>
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Proposal:Featured_Artists
>
> This deals with the legacy data issue (ws/1 still provides data in
> pre-NGS format) by retaining the existing guideline for track
> listings, while making use of artist credits at recording level.  When
> ws/1 is finally removed, we can allow track listings to be entered as
> on the release, as some have suggested.
>
> RFC Expiry Date: 19th of July, 2011 (in 7 days)
>
> Comments?

There is one reason why I didn't send the RFC for recordings myself,
that being that I was unable to decide what to do with feat. credits
in languages different than English. Ideally, they would be in the
same language as they're in the cover in the tracklist, but
standardised in the recordings… the problem is that it's fairly common
that the words used don't have a simple translation to feat. and,
usually, mean "with" instead.

> --
> Andii :-)

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren