On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Ryan Torchia <anarchyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Andii Hughes <gnu_and...@member.fsf.org>wrote:
>

>> It's been 24 hours and I still don't see a valid veto on this.  I do
>> see a possible additional
>> feature that could be added (filtering collabs/feat. artists) to the
>> MB server and lots of
>> discussion on the age-old problem of edge cases, but nothing that
>> could be gained from
>> revising this proposal in a third RFC stage.
>>

> You haven't seen a veto YOU agree with. Obviously this is still under
> discussion, and sorry, my life and my job can't just pause so I can try to
> explain what I see as clear and significant problems in a way that meshes
> with your limited anecdotal experience.  Obviously I'm still making a good
> faith effort.  You seem intent on pulling parliamentary proceedures to
> steamroll this through.  Christ, it's been this way for ten years, what is
> the damn rush with pushing this through RIGHT NOW?

We had to live for 10 years with a wrong, ugly workaround solution for
featured artists, and now that we finally are able to put artists into the
artist credit field, where they belong, you insist on leaving them in the
track credits, which keeps them from appearing in the lists of the credited
artists. And sincerely I'd rather have them appearing in the wrong place,
than not having them appearing at all.

As said before a solution that will show all artists following a "feat."
link phrase in a separate list can be implemented quite easily once featured
artists are moved to the artist credits; but there's no easy way to achieve
this while they're still in the tracks. You just have to make an RFC for
this or support Calvins proposal
http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-3160
Like Andii I can' see a valid argument for a veto…

Chris/chabreyflint

--Torc.