On 6 August 2011 23:11, Philip Jägenstedt <phi...@foolip.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 11:39, Andii Hughes <gnu_and...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
>> On 6 August 2011 10:09, Philip Jägenstedt <phi...@foolip.org> wrote:
>
>>> 1. Will this RFV also add guidelines for what ETI should be included
>>> in track titles but not in release titles?
>>>

>> Can you give an example of this?
>
> As Lukáš pointed out, I meant recording titles, not release titles.
>
> An example I edited yesterday is
> http://musicbrainz.org/release/e84a413a-8daa-4d8e-b01f-31a0f215e9d7
>
> On track 5, the cover says (translated) "theme song of 2003 Solar
> Project". Other typical examples would be "commercial for X" or "from
> film X". These kinds of things can make sense in context for
> compilations of commercial tunes or songs from films, but are not part
> of the proper title.

Oh right, now I understand :-)

We're going into that whole thing of what ETI should be retained for recordings.
I'm generally in favour of retaining as much as possible from the
various track listings,
with the exception of stuff that only makes sense in context (like
your examples and, as someone else mentioned, Eurovision countries)
and are just plain stupid (Glee Cast version being the one I'm
thinking of; now pretty much dead for recordings thank goodness, but
retained in the appropriate single listings).

For example, if several versions of a track are credited as track X
and several more are credited X (radio edit), I would retain the
'(radio edit)' in merging these.  About the only one it doesn't make
sense to keep is '(original version)' or '(album version)'.  Likewise,
feat. credits should pass to the recording even if they are missed off
on some compilations (which tends to happen a lot).

> --
> Philip Jägenstedt

Andii :-)