On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 10:24 +0200, Wieland Hoffmann wrote:
> > > * Artists with names in a non-latin script. People WILL try to add links
> > >   to lots of transcriptions.
> >
> > Hmm, if both the romanized Last.fm page and the non-latin page contain
> > good/distinct information, I would allow both.
>
> "The" non-latin page?:-) You do realize that (for example) Tchaikovskys
> name is written differently in every major european language? With that
> in mind, the last point (localized versions of last.fm)becomes even more
> of a problem. It's probably the same for japanese artists.

In my experience - at least with the Japanese artists - they tend to set
up a redirect from the Latin name to the Japanese/original name of the
artist. So there really is only one page to link to in this case.

This only works on the fairly well-known artists tho - there are lots of
newer or lesser-known artists that don't have this redirect set up. Or
ones which share a name with some other artist, of course...

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.wal...@kepstin.ca>