I think JW has identified the crucial difference between the pop music idea
of "compilation" and Sebastian's idea of "Recording parts relations", namely
the difference between:
a. One long recording presenting multiple short complete Works
b. Multiple short recordings presenting pieces of one long Work

jw wrote

> This is a very interesting problem indeed, because technically both ARs
> describe the same thing (multiple recordings appear one after another in
> another recording, completely unaltered = no crossover mix), while
> semantically they are different. To summarize:
>
> 1. In pop music, works (= songs) are usually short, and we often have
> multiple works in one recording....
>
> 2. In classical music and for audiobooks/audioplays works are usually
> much longer than CD tracks, so works are split into multiple tracks....
> The compilation AR would be
> technically correct, but not semantically, since a newly created
> standalone recording would not be the compilation of multiple distinct
> works.

I'm not satisfied that this discussion has worked out the relationship
between the ideas of recordings, works, and compilations yet.  I'm also not
satisfied that the value of this change to MusicBrainz contributors and
users is clear enough. Nor is the list of changes which would be required in
MusicBrainz software in order to deliver this value.

I am in favour of continuing to think this proposal through, and explaining
it better in the proposal text, before we let it out of RFC status.  That's
why I'm not giving a +1 yet.

I realise that my own RFC-339 proposal is encountering similar difficulty. I
sympathise.  But not all proposals are simple or easy.