2012/1/31 David Gasaway <d...@gasaway.org>

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:15, symphonick <symphon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That's essentially track AC = composer + my suggested recording ACs.
> Maybe
> > Picard could join them if you want both?
>
> Okay, but I don't quite follow why track/recording ACs wouldn't have
> this data to begin with.  Are you back to track AC = composer only?
> Or track AC = something else?

I'm just looking for suggestions here.

> Okay, but what's the sense of having them separate to begin with?

If you mean we should have composer + featured performers in both track &
recording ACs? It's duplication of data that's not (IMO) really needed. I
think performers in recording ACs is important, so we can browse
performances from works, now it's broken:
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/00bc2f83-64e2-40db-b700-a9a52f9fd108
Having composers in that list would mostly clutter up the view, if they're
not really useful for anything.

For track artists, I think I'd personally favor composer only. It's the
easiest to enter (second only to not entering anything at all), it looks
clean in the tracklist & works for tagging. For showing performer credits
in the UI, ARs work much better, so I don't know if it helps anyone to have
both composer & performers there?

> >> 1) Even if Picard had this option, it's not a one-time either-or
> >> choice for me.  I listen to both classical and popular music.
> >> Perpetually toggling a switch to get reasonable results is not
> >> appealing.
> >>

> > I suppose tracklist ACs is the default?
>
> I don't understand.  Are you saying that track ACs will work equally
> well for classical and popular?  What would they have in them?

I was just asking a question. :-)

> --
> -:-:- David K. Gasaway
> -:-:- Email: d...@gasaway.org