On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 15:35, Rupert Swarbrick <rswarbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> jesus2099 & Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> ... lots.
>
> Guys, you have been discussing this for quite some time, frantically
> scoring points against each other and arguing that the other is not
> following a reputed source. You then both agreed that you should get
> input from a style leader.
>
> Nikki basically pointed out that this really doesn't matter to
> MusicBrainz: there are very few releases where the question makes any
> difference, and these have been de facto standardised.
>
> As such, your continuing discussion in this forum is off topic, as well
> as bitter and unpleasant. Maybe it's time to agree to disagree?

Thank you for interrupting us. While this is the appropriate forum for
RFC/RFV of style guidelines, I do apologize for the state of
discourse. I have tried very hard to stay on topic and not do
point-by-point replies for every detail I disagree with, but have not
always succeeded.

I believe that the references and "studies" I have documented will
stand up to scrutiny by third parties and that the conclusion is
clear. The RFV has gotten its V, so I will not reply further unless
explicitly asked to do so by one of our style leaders.

--
Philip Jägenstedt