On 02/18/2013 12:21 PM, symphonick wrote:
2013/2/18 Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren <reosare...@gmail.com <mailto:reosare...@gmail.com>>

    This one does look like it could get used outside classical - some
    non-classical editors might want to look at it and suggest ways of
    making it better if they think it'd fit.

Sure. I believe "arrangement" (or "covers") is what we see most of the time outside classical, but it may be useful.

I can imagine using this to indicate that e.g. Iron Maiden's "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" is based on the poem by Coleridge[1]. Or that Sufjan Stevens' "All Delighted People" is based on Simon & Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence"[2].

With that in mind, I'd change "composer" to "artist" in the description, to apply more generally to composers or lyricists.

Alex / caller#6

[1] retelling
[2] homage with extensive quoting and paraphrasing of the original