On 18/02/2013 20:10, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM, symphonick wrote:
>     The last part of my split proposal.
>     It will expire next Monday, the 25th of February 2013.
>
>     http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:Symphonick/Works_based_on_Works
>     http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-191
>
> This one does look like it could get used outside classical - some
> non-classical editors might want to look at it and suggest ways of
> making it better if they think it'd fit.

Yes, I'd like to see all the "pop" songs that are based on classical
themes here - the sort where they take a hook and its essential
harmonies and build a song around them. Like this one:
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/c9ce4a9f-ddea-4951-861f-2ffbb9223d12,
which should itself be a work. I hate to see such works listed as being
composed by the dead composer who had no choice in the matter.