I would strongly dislike the introduction of nationality: That's a can of
worms. Outsourcing the "country" issue to an external authority was one of
the wiser decisions of the community. I wouldn't mingle with that. And the
introduction of historical geographic entities isn't less controversial and
discussions about political boundaries (historical or actual) are outside
of the scope of a musical DB.

What we have now is ''*artist*'' was born/lived/died in a city or hamlet *which
today is part* of ''*country*'', is perfectly correct and sufficient.