2013/3/15 Nikki <aei...@gmail.com>

> It seems incomplete to me. Is it ever supposed to be used for pop music?
> If not, it should explicitly exclude pop music. If it is, I think it
> should clarify when the relationship is supposed to be used. Right now
> it only seems to mention classical.
>
> I *really* don't want to see loads of new works being created for pop
> music just because there's a different arranger credited and I'm
> concerned adding new relationships like this will only encourage people
> to do that, so I'd like it to be clear what it's intended for before
> it's added.
>

>   Also "Do not confuse arrangements with cover versions." is not a very
> good guideline. All it does for me is make me more confused: How do I
> know if I'm confusing arrangements with cover versions? What do I do if
> I think I am? Is a cover version ever an arrangement?

The intention is to link between works when one work is a (musical)
arrangement of the other work.

The conclusion from the previous version of this proposal, was that a
guideline of what defines a work in MB doesn't really belong at an AR page.
I wish there was such a guideline, but there isn't (outside classical).

It mentions classical and (big band) jazz. I believe no one has been able
to come up with a way to use this for pop music. But technically, yes,
covers are often performances of a different arrangement of the original
version.

Inspired by other AR guidelines in MB ;-) "Don't confuse foo with bar" &
then, on bar page: "Don't confuse bar with foo."
I thought I should mention covers, since it's probably what you want for
pop music.

> Since I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean, I can't really propose
> any better wording. :) However, a guideline for a relationship is
> ideally a guide for *how* or *when* to use the relationship. Rewording
> it so that it's an answer to "How or when do I use this relationship?"
> is likely to work much better.

/symphonick