Tom Crocker wrote
> Thanks for that. Perhaps that is an example that would further clarify the
> new position.

Perhaps this guideline could do with an examples section, where a few
versions of some tracks are taken and the process of deciding which
recordings to use is explained? I tried to do something similar in the last
revision of the recordings guideline, but I couldn't think of a simple way
to do it. Let me know if you think this is a good idea/have any example
tracks which would be good to see.

Tom Crocker wrote
> I like the idea of mix and master entities, to link up basically the same
> audio but still differentiate the mastering where needed.
> Just to throw in another corner case to see where it fits in the new
> plans:
> a 'stream' (in case we needed more terms) of audio that's been cut into
> different sized tracks as part of the remastering process. Should this be
> big mix (at say album level) with mix parts for the tracks? I know this
> isn't solved already but good to think about it.

We won't be having Master entities for a while, if at all - I think it was
decided in the meetings that we would see whether they were needed after
this revision of recordings was completed.

For that example, we would need to make a recording for each track, since
there's no way of saying that a track has the "partial" audio of a
recording. It would be good if there was a "has part" relationship type for
recordings, like we have for works, but that hasn't been proposed yet.

Tom Crocker wrote
> re: the guidance
> This may not be the place but I'd like to see more specific advice on what
> the title of a recording (and track, work and release) should be. Their
> content should all be normalised under the general title style guidance
> but
> what should their content be...

I'll be doing a separate proposal for that when this is passed. I did try to
include it in this proposal, but it's better to focus on one major change at
a time! :)