I don't know what others think, but my reason would be: never use a word to
designate something else than what people generally use it for. That's
bound to trigger misinterpretations and in our situation induce users to
enter bad (because misplaced) data. So: don't use recordings if it is not
recordings, or at least reasonably close to it. A mix is not reasonably
close to a recording IMO.

2013/4/12 lixobix <arjtap...@aol.com>

> Frederic Da Vitoria wrote
> > If we replace Recording with Mix (which
> > we will do at some point), we get "A MusicBrainz Mix is defined as a
> > unique
> > mix, where a mix is the
> > result of editing and/or mixing". This makes defining a Mix as a
> > mix+editing unavoidable.
>
> True, but what is achieved by getting rid of 'recording'? Are we planning
> define this as something separate in future? Why not keep 'recording' and
> define it in terms of 'mix' or 'edit' (in terms of edit as I define it)?
>

> --

Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org