>From your recording definition: "A mix is the result of editing and/or
mixing".

If that's ok, why not "A recording is the result of editing and/or mixing"?

Your definition is circular: you define a mix as a mix.

It's cumbersome: in order to define a recording, you define a recording as a
mix, and and mix as a mix and/or an edit.

So why not define a recording as a mix and/or and edit? You subsequently
define edit in the guide, and I see no way you could not define it; just
move it to the top.

I fail to see how the term edit, as defined, is vague. Nor do I see how
including edit in the definition of recording could widen the definition. It
just makes more sense linguistically.