Frederic Da Vitoria wrote
> Where did you find "a master is a stored representation of sound"? This
> definition would not be correct IMO, there are many more elements to take
> into account to define a master. A master is materialized as a stored
> representation of sound, true, but there are lots of stored representation
> of sound which are not masters. This would lead to the conclusion:"a
> recording is a set of one or more [stored representations of sound], some
> of which could be [masters]", which is precisely what we want to say.

It's quite clearly a stored representation of sound, just like anything else
in the realm of recorded audio. Ask any mastering engineer. Agreed, a master
is a particular TYPE of stored representation of sound. Yet any TYPE of
stored representation of sound (master, release track, mix, etc) is a
recording under that definition.

"a recording is a set of one or more [stored representations of sound], some
of which could be [masters]"

"ONE or more" so ONE master would be a recording. This, we all agreed, is
not intended.