2013/4/30 lixobix <arjtap...@aol.com>

> symphonick wrote
> > And altering the level of the track, say raising the levels of the vocals
> > for a "radio edit". Possibly anything you can do to an audio track in
> > software could be defined as "editing"?
>
> Do radio edits really involve changing the levels of the audio tracks (i.e.
> mixing)? I was under the impression they only involved rearranging.

I've seen it described that way. With computer controlled mixing, it's easy
to make a new version of a song with minor changes, like louder vocals.
I think the wikipedia definition is quite all-right: "modification to make
a song more suitable for airplay"
Which could mean pretty much everything between removing the intro and a
completely different performance.
Changing the lyrics is mentioned there also (profanity).

I understand that it would be nice if we could define editing as what you
can do without actually creating a new mix, but clearly "radio edits" won't
fit into that description.

> --

/symphonick