LordSputnik wrote
> I've just rewritten everything from scratch. I came to realize that audio
> tracks were getting in the way, as lixobix said before, so they're not in
> my new definitions. And neither are release tracks. I think it's a lot
> clearer now.
>
> http://piratepad.net/xBQlcnuyM4
>
> Also, it's the job of relationship guidelines to say when they should be
> used - people who don't know when to use "compilation" or "edit" will look
> up the relationships pages, not the "recordings" page.

As Tom Crocker said, "audible" doesn't clarify sound much. What is audible,
as opposed to non-audible, sound?

Glad you've come around on audio tracks. My main contention now is the lack
of specific sources. If a recording is a stored representation of (audible)
sound, then it could be a master. That's why I'm trying to define the
sources of primary recordings (i.e. recordings not made from other
recordings). I think we could achieve this with a little more discussion of
captured sound/signal.

Also, your definition indicates that masters and release tracks are the
same; is that your opinion?

I've added a new version, which identifies the two separate ways to create a
recording.

http://piratepad.net/xBQlcnuyM4

(P.S. Is there a way to change the colours on the PiratePad? Mine is
starting to look messy.)