Since many people (unlike Jesus2099) are comfortable using "song" also for
unsung (pop) works and we seem unable to agree on a term for a "non-vocal
song" (I suggested "tune" in an earlier discussion, but folkies objected,
wanting to keep this for more specific use), let's try something new: What
about keeping "Song", but splitting it into "song (vocal)" and "song
(instrumental)". How does that sound to native speakers (and others)?