2014-01-27 Brant Gibbard <bgibb...@ca.inter.net>

> Not meaning to be a wet blanket, but I’ve just managed to located one of
> my CDs (Deutsche Gramophon) that does translate Tonmeister into other
> languages. The results are most unfortunate!
>

> Before the name of the engineer being credited is this quadrilingual
> statement:
>

> “Tonmeister / Recording Engineer / Ingénieur du son / Ingegnere del suono”
>

> Thus two of the four language versions use something reminiscent of Sound
> Engineer, which of course is a completely distinct MB term, and another
> uses Recording Engineer, again a distinct MB term.
>

> Brant Gibbard
> Toronto, ON
> http://bgibbard.ca

I suppose this could happen with other engineering types. This means we'll
have to take this type of situation into account. I suggest something like:
"In case of conflicting engineering types, prefer the one of the original
release language, usually the first language in the order of translations".

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org