From: musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org
[mailto:musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org] On Behalf Of
Frederic Da Vitoria
Sent: January-27-14 12:27 PM
To: MusicBrainz Style Discussion
Subject: Re: [mb-style] RFC [STYLE-290] Add Balance engineer
relationshiptype

2014-01-27 Brant Gibbard <bgibb...@ca.inter.net
<mailto:bgibb...@ca.inter.net> >

On checking some more of my European label CDs

I find I have two Archiv CDs that credit a particular engineer twice on the
same CD, once as “Tonmeister (Balance Engineer)” and once as “Recording
Engineer”, so clearly they regard those as distinct roles (although DG
doesn’t)

On an EMI recording I have someone credited as “Tonmeister / Balance
Engineer/ Ingénieur du son”

Brant Gibbard
Toronto, ON
http://bgibbard.ca <http://bgibbard.ca/>