On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 12:03 PM, symphonick <symphon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How are you going to connect & separate between translations & different
> lyrics without a specific relationship?
> ex. Melody X with lyrics A in language B / Melody X with lyrics A
> translated to language C / Melody X with lyrics D in language B / Melody X
> with lyrics E in language F / Melody Y (same title as Melody X) with lyrics
> A in language B / Melody Y with lyrics A translated to language C

I think part of the problem here is that "translation" is currently used
pretty much as "some lyrics in a different language" whether it's a
translation or not (which IMO is a mistake) rendering it meaningless. If we
did indicate actual translations with this attribute, and unrelated lyrics
were just "version" or "based on" or whatever, I'd certainly be quite
happier myself. Chris says we wouldn't always be able to tell - well "if in
doubt, don't claim it's a translation" sounds reasonable and workable to
me, dunno about others.

--
Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren