I've merged my core-rewrite branch into the HEAD of my repository at
git://git.musicpd.org/normalperson/mpd

commit 1b197e65232e1a51b853db53985e8eda61f1b196

A huge thanks to Qball for testing and reporting bugs.

Again, this is a fairly large rewrite of the hairy synchronization
internals of mpd.  Qball and I hope to have found the major
showstoppers, but of course Murphy lurks everywhere.

There's still a lot of DEBUG() messages for tracing in there; but I
should be able to remove those soon.

The HTTP metadata regression should be fixed in the next few days.
I also need to cherry-pick some of the improvements from mpd-mk.

The next big goal is to make triggering of all actions (including I/O
happen asynchronously including HTTP opens and slow filesystems[1]). The
goal is to make triggering all actions asynchronous so they don't block
(and potentially timeout sockets) other clients.

[1] machines waiting for HD to spinup is one issue I've encountered,
    the other is slow networked filesystems.
--
Eric Wong