On 2009/01/28 20:02, Sami Haapaniemi <sami.haapani...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all! I came up with an idea after reading
> http://www.prorec.com/Articles/tabid/109/EntryId/247/Over-the-Limit.aspx
> . I hate those incompetent mastering engineers (or those poor forced
> mastering engineers) who apply too much compression to every album and
> song nowadays. I thought that instead of trying to force new tag to
> ID3 or something, it would be easier to add some user defined tags to
> mpd sticky database. It could have lots of uses, for example:
[...]
> Please tell your opinions.

I read the article, and it's indeed an interesting read for a software
engineer like me, who happens to be working on MPD without the
slightest audio knowledge ;-)

However, I don't understand your point, and what's the connection to
that article.  What stickers do you want to add, for what reason?
What is the goal, what is the problem solved?

Stickers _are_ user defined.  Or, better, client defined.  It's up to
the client software to allow you to add arbitrary stickers.  Most
clients won't, they will implement specific features based on the
ability to set stickers.