On 09/03/06 10:30 +0100, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2009/03/06 10:24, Jerome Quelin <jque...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > definitely sure: i had to update the test-suite of the perl modules
> > audio::mpd and poe::component::client::mpd to take this into account.
> >
> > i'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it has definitely changed
>
> Ok, so let's talk about whether it's right or wrong.  Does it make any
> sense to have an empty string in a tag value?  Should MPD discard the
> whole tag item in this case?
>
> My opinion: kill empty values.

that's also my opinion, but then i can understand people wanting to have
empty values. indeed, they would not be able to say whether all songs
have an album, or if some don't have an album.

in the end, i don't really care. just pick a behaviour and stick with
it. i would hate to have to update the test suite every mpd version! :-)

jérôme
--
jque...@gmail.com