Hi Mario,

Mario Lenz wrote:
>>> What other players support parsing this CUESHEET tag?
>> foobar2000
>
> Oh, ok. When I was looking for a tagging scheme fit for multi track
> flacs I didn't find any player supporting a cuesheet inside a CUESHEET
> tag. Embedded cuesheets, yes. But with the song titles in tags.
> If there are other players doing it your way...
That's a problem with flac files in general.
The flac library gives you the option to store per-track-seekpoints but
not per-track-comments.
I just took a look at some of my flac files which i generated using
foobar. They have indead a bunch of comments like this:
    comment[0]: CUE_TRACK02_album=Blues For The Red Sun
    comment[1]: CUE_TRACK02_artist=Kyuss
    comment[2]: CUE_TRACK02_comment=EAC 0.9beta4 / FLAC 1.1.0 q6
    comment[3]: CUE_TRACK02_date=1992
    comment[4]: CUE_TRACK02_genre=Other
    comment[5]: CUE_TRACK02_title=Green Machine
    comment[6]: CUE_TRACK02_totaltracks=14
    comment[7]: CUE_TRACK02_tracknumber=2
and so on..
But this seems to be *very* player specific.
If you go on and support that one player specific tagging scheme
somebody will come up with some other player and we end up in supporting
several tagging schemes which might change in future and so on..
That's why i say we should stick to that cuesheet block.
Maybe there'll be a good per-track tagging scheme with libflac one day.
Until then i think it's better to agree on the lowest common demoniator.

> Well, I did. Are you sure you meant
>
>> metaflac --import-cuesheet-from=file
>
> and not
>
> metaflac --set-tag-from-file="CUESHEET=file" --import-cuesheet-from=file
This will store a "file" in a vorbis comment called "CUESHEET" and add
the seekpoints from "file".

If you have a file that looks like this:
GENRE=somegenre
DATE=1992
PERFORMER="someperformer"
TITLE="sometitle"
TRACK01=title1
TRACK02=title2
SOMELOVELYTAG=yeahrightheregoesinwhateveryouwant

you'll be able to store the single tags with --import-tags-from=file.
Output should then look like this:
    comment[0]: GENRE=somegenre
    comment[1]: DATE=1992
    comment[2]: PERFORMER="someperformer"
    comment[3]: TITLE="sometitle"
    comment[4]: TRACK01=title1
    comment[5]: TRACK02=title2
    comment[6]: SOMELOVELYTAG=yeahrightheregoesinwhateveryouwant

Hope that helped and cleared things up a bit,

Jochen