>From Avuton Olrich:
> OK, testing on my brand new laptop things run screwy with the latest as well.
>
> Works great until it crashes randomly, get this every three seconds
> with the latest git:

In the lastest git, this patch is not "yet" applied.
The printouts are mainly generated by your client requets every 3s...

Running mpc as client, you'll see the following only when you call
"mpc volume":

> pulse_mixer: sink input vol My Pulse Output, index 33
> pulse_mixer: eol error sink_input_vol

In src/mixer/pulse_mixer.c:263, the method
"pa_context_get_sink_input_info" calls the sink_input_vol two times.
1. the mixer volume is set.
2. we have reached the end of the sink list, so do nothing.

It's not the reason of the screwy runs.

I do not succeed to catch behaviour like you describe...
Do you have concurrent mpd clients?
Or/and multiple pulse outputs for the same mpd, some of them unreachable?
I have a bluetooth headset defined as a separate output and the mixer
get the right volume when it is associated.
Anything useful to reproduce your troubles?
--
David
        One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code.