Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2009/04/07 19:01, Stephen Paul Weber <singpol...@singpolyma.net> wrote:
> Looks quite good.  I'd like to test it - though it seems like I need
> an "invite" to join libre.fm.  Can you give me one?

I've sent it.

> Things I don't like about your patches:
>
> - I don't want "runtime state" information to be declared in file.h -
>   that's just for configuration, I'd like to separate that

It did seem like the wrong place to put it, but all that state is
associated with the "as_host" so it made a sort of sense at the time.

> - you implemented yet another linked list..  let's use GSList instead

I don't know much about glib, being usually a portable-code guy myself.
 I wouldn't say I "implemented a linked list" more that I put a "next"
pointer inside a struct... which is really all a linked list is.

> - _all_ sections in mpdscribble.conf are used as submission servers,
>   what if we want other sections in the future?

True.  I didn't like having to give section names in the main section.
Not sure if there's some middle ground.

> - it's not possible to disable the last.fm server

You could just not give it a username/password.  I actually didn't test
that...

> Found a major problem: conn.c does not deal with more than one
> connection at a time.  There's the global variable "g", which needs to
> be converted to a parameter, so we have a per-server "conn" object.

Ah!  That actually explains some things.  I'll fix that next time I work
on this.

--
This message sent from the University of Waterloo undergraduate environment.
It is likely not signed. This is a problem.