On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:12:53 +0200, Max Kellermann <m...@duempel.org>
wrote:
> > However, there is a modified COPYRIGHT notice as well as some
> > updated copyright notifications in several files in the git repo on
> > sf.net. Please have a look and tell me if you are fine with it.
>
> "'Copyright (c) 2009, Jochen Keil' marks code which is released as
> 2-clause BSD license"
>
> You added your name to all source files, even those which you didn't
> touch at all (e.g. time.c).  The license of those files isn't obvious,
> but it should be.
>
> Suggestion: add the full BSD license to all files which you created
> (e.g. rem.c), and all others stay 100% GPL according to COPYING, even
> if you modified them.

I feel obligated to point out the implications of that. It's probably
(remember that I'm not a lawyer) legal to license your own parts of the
code under the BSD license (but only for parts that are not based on
the original code at all), but the overall project, i.e. libcue in this
case, still needs to be licensed under the GPL to conform to section 2b
of the GPLv2[1]. So Jochen would effectively be dual-licensing those
parts of the code he wrote himself, but that's of limited use as long
as the whole of libcue needs to be GPL'd.

-Jan

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html#SEC3 2b