Hi guys,
I've just started playing around with MPD and there are a couple of things I'm
missing from using Banshee and Rhythmbox (although on the whole I'm finding the
experience vastly superior :-))

Firstly is the ability to easily put my whole library on shuffle (although
admittedly this is rather trivial to do).

Secondly the ability to add tracks to a special "queue" playlist. This is how I
see this playlist working:

- User adds tracks to the playlist
- MPD carries on playing the current track
- At the end of the track, it starts playing the songs on the queue
- After each song is played it is removed from the "queue" list
- When the end of the queue is reached MPD resumes the playlist it was playing
before (at the next track, if it was playing in order)

Both of these features could work in such a way that current clients could use
them without modification (although I don't know if that is of concern to you),
but also clients could be extended to make them easier to use (I'm thinking of
the queue list in particular).

Are either of these ideas already being worked on?
If they aren't being worked on at the moment I would like to have a go at
implementing them myself, and would like some pointers as to the best way to go
about it (such as a separate module, or as a feature of MPD itself).
Let me know what you think, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks
--
Matt Wheeler
m...@funkyhat.org