I see that you're installing these into nonstandard locations on your
system.  You'll probably need to point pkg-config in their direction by
setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH as suggested in your error messages, something like:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$AUDIOPLAYER_USR_DIR:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"

I don't recall if this replaces pkg-config's built-in default or not.  It's
possible you have to add things like "/usr/lib/pkgconfig" onto the list as
well.

Jeffrey