On Thu, 2009-10-15 08:42:42 -0700, Kiran Biswal <bis...@broadcom.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got around the previous error related to PKG_CONFIG by changing
> the configure file(note: I am not using the pkgconfig utility)

Hm?

`configure' is generated after all. What did you actually change?
Could you send an unified diff (diff -u ...)? Lets better actually fix
it (or use proper parameters) instead of relying on a fragile hack.

> However I am now seeing the below error.
>
> checking for sys/types.h... yes
> checking for sys/stat.h... yes
> checking for stdlib.h... yes
> checking for string.h... yes
> checking for memory.h... yes
> checking for strings.h... yes
> checking for inttypes.h... yes
> checking for stdint.h... yes
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking locale.h usability... yes
> checking locale.h presence... yes
> checking for locale.h... yes
> checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
> checking libintl.h usability... no
> checking libintl.h presence... no
> checking for libintl.h... no
> configure: error:
> *** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use the
> *** GNU gettext library. (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html
>
> Any idea what I should have to do?

That depends on your distribution. Maybe install the `gettext'
package, if your distribution offers one, or verify that your libc
ships gettext.h / libintl.h .

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbg...@lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:         Alles wird gut! ...und heute wirds schon ein bißchen