On Wed, 6 Jan 2010, Max Kellermann wrote:

> No need to sort, MPD has a defined sorting order for songs:
>
> http://git.musicpd.org/cgit/master/mpd.git/tree/src/songvec.c#n92

Ok, so I'm running the mpd stable package, I was on 0.15.6, but 0.15.7
has the same (old) songvec_cmp() which compares on TAG_ITEM_DISC,
TAG_ITEM_TRACK and finally on filename.  When I grabbed the git
repository, songvec_cmp() was correct.

The commit for that fix was on 31 Oct 2009.  0.15.6 was released in
November and 0.15.7 was released a week and a half ago.  Is there a good
reason this isn't in either of the stable tarballs?

> So there's no mingw32 package for Slackware?  In this case, it's
> enough to just test the build, because most portability problems
> appear at built time and not at run time.

Nope.  It's not in the base distro, and Slackware has a culture of "If
you want something weird, you can build it yourself" (under that
assumption, the base packages for libraries include header files).  So,
sometimes there are third party packages, but more often than not, they
don't exist.

Jeff