On 2010/01/05 19:51, Jeff Frasca <phaed...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> However, that change merely cuts down the traffic over the socket for
> subsequent tab mashes.  Any tab mash in the top-level directory is just
> as expensive as before.

That's already a big improvement.

> It also doesn't get me what I want (list only the entries in the current
> directory level).  That would require significantly more C code or the
> extra bash+sed that I'm already using.

"mpc ls foo/bar"

I've never understood why the completion code didn't use this very
basic command.

> Right.  OTOH, my other feature idea--globbing or regex in 'mpc add'
> makes the command significantly more complex.  I ended up writing a
> mockup of the functionality by adding an 'mpc radd' code (so mpc add
> continues to work exactly as before--thus not breaking any scripts).
> 'mpc radd' is more of an interactive type feature, but I know at least
> one other person on the list wants it.

Ok, let's say we add a compile-time option to disable "interactive"
commands (like ncmpc's --enable-mini option?).  Those on tiny embedded
systems will have the choice.  This would raise my personal limit for
accepting "bloaty" mpc patches significantly.