I currently have mpd installed via fedora rpms, i think it is compiled
to use ffmpeg, I am trying to compile mpd disabling ffmpeg and
enabling the other plugins. However i am getting this message
"configure: error: glib-2.6 is required", i currently have
glib2-2.22.4-2.fc12.i686 installed on my system, would this work, if i
make changes to the configure script

I could still compile glib2-2.6 and link it statically against mpd.

Regards
~Sameer