On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:24:37 +0200
Max Kellermann <m...@duempel.org> wrote:

> > This set of patches adds support for Spotify playback via an input
> > plugin and Spotify playlists via a playlist plugin.
>
> I've merged your patches, but I cannot test them, because I do not
> have a Spotify account.

Thank you!

> Please add documentation to doc/user.xml, and some information about
> your fork (i.e. the required despotify library version) to INSTALL.

I'll get back with better documentation.

I also have a question (again related to playlists, which I haven't
really understood it seems). With Spotify, users create their own user
playlists which is typically what you play there. In MPD, I would
therefore ideally want to easily load these (i.e., automatically). The
despotify-playlist plugin contains everything (basically) needed to
parse these, but I don't think the interface really supports something
like that.

Or is there some other way of doing that "internally"?

As a workaround, I've made a small playlist generator which create xpsf
playlists from your Spotify account:

https://github.com/SimonKagstrom/mci500h-hack/tree/master/tools/spotify-playlist-generator

for my purposes, this will probably work out, but I think it feels
slightly hacky. Also, when the user updates the playlists, they will
have to be re-generated.

// Simon