On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:18:15 +0200
Max Kellermann <m...@duempel.org> wrote:

> On 2011/03/29 20:41, Simon Kagstrom <simon.kagst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No, I'd like to create a set of playlists from my spotify playlists
> > which I can select and load with mpc or some other client.
>
> MPD should not automatically create playlists, all actions should be
> caused by client commands.  What about a "playlistcopy" command, which
> can copy a remote playlist (from a playlist plugin) to the playlist
> directory?

Yes, I suspected this was a design principle, and I'm fine with that. A
playlistcopy command could be useful, but I'm not quite sure it would
be perfect for me though. I guess that would be used something like

  mpc playlistcopy
spt://spotify:user:simon.kagstrom:playlist:3SUwkOe5VbVHysZcidEZtH

and then

  mpc lsplaylists

would find a new playlist built from the one above?

For me the problem is mostly to find the spotify playlists to start
with. They are stored in a "rootlist", i.e., a list of playlists,
so I'd still have to use an external tool to list them in that case.

Anyway, I think we can wait with this feature: For me, the external
tool to create xpsf playlists will be fine to start with.

// Simon