Hmm. I agree that it makes sense to put the dynamic playlist functionality
into a proxy daemon. Especially with the ability to add arbitrary data to
tracks.

What about the search feature though? Should the daemon continually poll
and cache all of mpd's library in order to provide that search? I think it
makes sense to put that in mpd.