On 2012/01/23 12:18, Andy Kelley <superjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm. I agree that it makes sense to put the dynamic playlist functionality
> into a proxy daemon. Especially with the ability to add arbitrary data to
> tracks.

Additional data can be managed in "stickers", which can be seen by
both your new daemon and then UI client.

> What about the search feature though? Should the daemon continually poll
> and cache all of mpd's library in order to provide that search? I think it
> makes sense to put that in mpd.

Sorry, I missed that part - and I don't understand it yet, can you
please explain it to me again?

In general, anything that improves MPD's search/find command is
obviously a good idea.  New features should be optional, though;
i.e. we should have a new syntax for new features.