On 2012/01/23 12:35, Andy Kelley <superjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's my proposed command:
>
> smartsearch "this is my query"
>
> It would be identical to how most audio players search - Amarok, Rhythmbox,
> iTunes, Winamp, etc.
>
> The query is broken into words ['this', 'is', 'my', 'query'] and each word
> is independently matched against the artist, title, and album concatenated
> together.

In other words: all "tokens" must exist inside the selected tags of a
song?

What we should do (each bullet point is a separate patch):

- add "enum operator" to struct locate_item, only one operator exists
  so far: OPERATOR_DEFAULT (an API like this is already designed, but
  not implemented, in libmpdclient)

- add new operator with your idea; call it OPERATOR_SMART or whatever,
  we may change the name before a release; implement it in
  locate_tag_search()

- hook it up in command.c, to make the new operator available for
  clients