Robert Vollmert <rvollmert-lists <at> gmx.net> writes:
> It looks like the patch has made it into git, but not into a release so far.
Seems like your best bet is
> compiling from git.
>
> Regarding configuration, it looks like the device name is the name that OS X
presents to the user, e.g.
> "Internal Speakers".

Thanks! I compiled the git version but I then had some issue with the device
name.

The internal speakers are identified in mpd as "Built-in Output" but they work
anyway with the default parameter.

My USB dac was identified us "USB Sound Device" is the MacOSx GUI but it is not
recognised that way in mpd.

I added some debug and found that it was seen by mpd
as "USB Sound Device        ". Yes, with a bunch of spaces! So I added those
spaces in the mpd.conf and it worked.

Now I don't know where the issue should be
corrected, but maybe mpd could strip out the spaces at the end of device names,
or maybe it is a problem of the driver...

However... it works!