Max Kellermann <max <at> duempel.org> writes:

> In the playlist directory, MPD reads only the format that it can write
> - and that's plain M3U, not ExtM3U.  At that point, MPD does not care
> if the link points to a stream or a local file.

> You can have (read-only) playlist files in the music directory in any
> subdirectory.  The playlist directory is just for playlists that are
> managed by MPD.
>
> Max

Hi Max,

What I'm still puzzled about is what the mpd server should do/does when it
finds
a playlist in the music directory (in a readable format like m3u)?
1) Should it walk through the the playlist and add the individual 'songs' to
the
database?
2) Also if the 'song' is a stream? However, with a stream, there is no such
thing as 'tags' for artist, album, .... (in best case a name tag in extm3u)

The reason I ask is I want to find a nice way to add streams for easy use by
the
user: ideally, they put a m3u playlist file containing the radiostations he
want
somewhere in the music directory which will be scanned by the mpd server. Then
user gets acces to them over any client (either through the mpd playlist or
through the 'song db')

Thanks,
C.