On 2013/01/27 18:13, Denis Krjuchkov <de...@crazydev.net> wrote:
> MPD needs to convert string between UTF-8 and real path name encoding.
> OS imposes some limit on path names in bytes. This is expressed by
> MPD_PATH_MAX.

Does a charset exist where one byte is mapped to four UTF-8 bytes?

> This is approximate (upper bound) limit of number of bytes that are
> required to represent path name in UTF-8 regardless of what file
> system encoding is configured at runtime plus one byte for
> nul-terminator.

Ok, I understand that.  Would you add some doxygen comment to that
macro, please?

We may me able to hide that macro some day, and use it only internally
in Path.cxx, if ever.  Since Path::ToUTF() returns a dynamic
allocation, I'm not sure if anybody should ever use a statically sized
worst-case buffer.