On Mon, 2013-06-24 at 19:23 +0200, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2013/06/24 18:35, Alexander Sulfrian <alexan...@sulfrian.net> wrote:
> > oh thats true. Maybe we want simply lock this region. I reworked the
> > patch and add a static Mutex to the PulseOutput struct. So that the lock
> > should affect all pulse outputs but nothing else.
>
> That's even worse: if one Pulse server does not respond, all others
> have to wait, too.

During pa_context_new the pulse client does not connect to the pulse
server. It only creates a few memory structures and load the client
config.

> > Hope that this is fine. If not please give me advice how to make the
> > code thread safe.
>
> Don't use environment variables to pass data to a library.  If
> libpulse doesn't support that, we're out of luck, and your feature
> cannot be implemented properly.

Okay... Than I will open a bug report for libpulse. Currently the
environment variables are the only way I see, because the client-conf
API is not exposed in libpulse.

Thanks anyway,
Alex