Max Kellermann writes:
 > On 2013/11/02 16:11, j...@dockes.org wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > I have uploaded the code for a UPnP Database plugin to
 > > git://git.musicpd.org/medoc/mpd.git
 >
 > Your first commit "UpNP database plugin: build and configuration"
 > refers to files which don't exist (yet).  All commits should be able
 > to build and should work, or "git bisect" fails, which is annoying
 > when looking for a bug.  I wonder why you chose to split the commits
 > this way.

I wanted to separate the commit that modified existing mpd files from the
commits that added new code. Sorry about not thinking about the bisect
issue, but except for the configuration files themselves the commit only
activates code if --enable-upnp is used.

I wonder if you will actually want to keep this commit history
anyway. Maybe the best approach will be to wait for a reasonably stable
version (to be decided), decide if you want this at all, add the code in a
single modification, and then switch to regular maintenance/modification
commits.

I think that it is a little early to test for regressions in this code, and
that early commit histories only add noise, because it's very difficult to
be orderly when exploring new stuff.

jf