24.11.2013 18:38, Max Kellermann пишет:
> I was wondering whether we should use boost for that.  Now you
> implemented a new parser.  Why that?

Why not? Probably for the complex cases it's better to use a library*
but MPD currently uses very simple flag options that are easily parsed
without any library. If you intention was to add many other command line
options in the future this probably is not the way to go. On the other
side if the goal is to remove GLib this looks fairly suitable.

* However I personally dislike boost due to its hardcore C++ style with
lots of templates etc.

--
Denis