Hi,

As a potential user (:)) of the Windows builds, I would like to propose
that:

1. For now, you make a "tested" build based on git master, which you have
personally evaluated and find that it is mostly correct, except for any
platform-independent bugs that are already known but not yet fixed. This
basically constitutes downloading the latest commit from git master and
trying out several features of the windows build; if it works, great, you
can ship it once it meets your own personal criteria of what constitutes a
good enough build. This would be the one and only Windows build until the
next stable release of mpd, unless of course, some user decides on their
own to build the code separately, which is their prerogative.

2. Going forward, once the next stable mpd release is made based on git
master, you would only need to provide updated builds for Windows when a
stable release of the mpd source is officially released.

This wouldn't involve any backporting, and seems like it'd be fairly
minimal work on your part (relative to all the code changes you've made
lately; thanks for that!).

Lastly -- consider that the type of user who would run Windows AND want to
download precompiled binaries, is likely not the same type of user who
would want to run unstable software. So, once the next stable mpd release
includes your Windows fixes, I really see no value in continuing to produce
builds of git master (or any dev branch), because the people who are most
likely to consume them are the least likely to report any problems they
find, much less fix them themselves. You'll be getting bug reports and
patches from users who have the technical knowledge to grab the git master
code and build it for Windows themselves, and for those people, the
precompiled builds won't help them much at all.

-Sean