14.12.2013 0:24, Sean McNamara пишет:
> Hi,

Hi Sean,

> 1. For now, you make a "tested" build based on git master, which you
> have personally evaluated and find that it is mostly correct, except for
> any platform-independent bugs that are already known but not yet fixed.
> This basically constitutes downloading the latest commit from git master
> and trying out several features of the windows build; if it works,
> great, you can ship it once it meets your own personal criteria of what
> constitutes a good enough build. This would be the one and only Windows
> build until the next stable release of mpd, unless of course, some user
> decides on their own to build the code separately, which is their
> prerogative.

That's practically how I've done it for 0.17.x. I've tested manually
various audio file formats, various output plugins, etc.

> 2. Going forward, once the next stable mpd release is made based on git
> master, you would only need to provide updated builds for Windows when a
> stable release of the mpd source is officially released.
>
> This wouldn't involve any backporting, and seems like it'd be fairly
> minimal work on your part (relative to all the code changes you've made
> lately; thanks for that!).

Again that's how it was done for 0.17.x. I'm willing to return to this
practice when 0.19.x becames stable. Anyway my build scripts support
three build sources: latest stable tarball, latest stable git and
development git. I need this to do development of MPD itself because
large part of building MPD for Windows is building lots of libraries
that are not always buildable out of the box. So generally creating new
stable branch of MPD requires almost no work at my side.

--
Denis