Josh Hildebrand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unfortunately, when Notes people send out file attachments, the current
> supported Notes->SMTP gateway UUencodes them.  That's no problem for mutt;
> except for when the file names contain spaces, the first line of the
> UUencode text is something like this:
>
> begin 644 Jan 3 meeting.doc
>
> If I hit 's' to save the attachement, I get the document saved as 'Jan'.

I don't think Mutt takes the filename from the uuencoded text.  I think
it gets the name from the MIME headers.  I have tried constructing a
MIME message with X-uuencode encoding method by hand.  If I make the
filename in the MIME headers different from the one in the encoded body
(on the "begin" line), the one in the headers is chosen every time.  If
I put a space in the filename in the headers, the space is honored.

If you examine the headers, do you find that the filename is correct in
them?  I suspect that it is not, which means that it is Notes' fault,
storing the filename incorrectly.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not