On 03/12/99 Ken W uttered the following other thing:
> Hi, I am trying to patch mutt on a new system witht he same patches I
> have always used on BSD systems, but this system is Solaris.  When I
> run 'patch < <patchfile>' I get the following:
>
>   The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
>   The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
>   The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
>   The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
>   The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
>   The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
>   The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
>   I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.
>
> Anyone know what the problem is?

Some vendor patch programs don't support unified context diffs.  Solaris
must be one of them.  Kinda odd that it recognizes it but doesn't
support it.

In any case, you need to get the GNU version of patch.

Brandon
--
Brandon Long ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             [http://www.fiction.net/blong/]

  "Pets are loving, trusting creatures.  Do not treat them with the same
       cruelty and neglect you do your children."  -- The Onion 35.1