According to Robert Chien:
> Don't know how to fix it though, I had to apply the patch manually
> (luckily, it was a short one :). I'm not a developer, but I would
> certainly like to know the solution as well.

Can you do a "ident" or "what" on your patch binary ? I wonder which
version of patch they took for Solaris7. Methinks they managed to take a
version w/o unified diff support... Larry Wall stopped maintaining patch a
least 8 years ago, Jim Kingdon, David J. MacKenzie and others took over it
and almost all 2.x versions of patch support unified diff.

-rw-r--r--  1 roberto  staff   71541 Jun 11  1993 patch-2.1.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 roberto  staff  132544 Aug 31  1997 patch-2.5.tar.gz

These two versions were generated by the GNU people.

Here is the history:

-=-=-
Sun Dec  2 23:20:18 1990  David J. MacKenzie  (djm at albert.ai.mit.edu)

        * Configure: When checking for C preprocessor, look for 'abc.*xyz'
        instead of 'abc.xyz', so ANSI C preprocessors work.

        * Apply fix for -D from [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kevin Braunsdorf).

        * Apply unidiff patches from [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Wayne Davison).
-=-=-

More than 8 years ago ! Way to go Sun ! In a few years, you'll have 2.1
somewhere in Solaris 29 I guess.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mutt patches collection: <URL:http://mutt.frmug.org/>